Sustainability assessment of 48000 sugarcane farmers under (I3SF)
Project Name: Sustainability assessment of 48000 sugarcane farmers under the India Sustainable Sugarcane smallholders framework (I3SF)
Project Location: Hardoi, Sitapur, Shahjahanpur and Farrukabad district of Uttar Pradesh
- Understand the knowledge attitude and practices of the sugarcane farmers engaged with DSCL
- Asses the current status of sustainability of sugarcane cultivation in the area
- Develop a road map for future training and capacity development programmes and other interventions with farmers of the area
- Recruitment, training and handholding of a research team comprising of over 80 enumerators.
- Developing the operational and supervision plan for field work spread over 2 months.
- Assessed the sustainable sugarcane cultivation practices of 48000 sugarcane farmers.
- Effective monitoring systems were developed to ensure the quality of assessment and generated data.