Developing community led sustainable solutions to prevent crop stubble burning-‘No Burn Farm’
Project Name: Study on biomass (of stables) to develop a strategy for beyond Happy Seeder model
Project Location: Haryana
- To reduce the instances of crop stubble burning by supporting the farmers through appropriate alternative technologies”
- To develop the knowledge and insights about the issues and challenges around crop burning.
- To identify and evaluate available solutions around crop stubble burning.
- To design and campaign a behaviour change communication program to encourage adaptation of „no burn farm‟ practices.
- To develop the system and procedures for implementation of identified solutions.
- Extensive discussions with farmers and other stakeholders (Technology suppliers, FPOs, scientist, entrepreneurs) to understand the issues, challenges and available alternatives around the problem.
- Partnered with a local NGO for the mobilization and implementation of the project.
- Developed and designed the pilot project around happy seeder on a customer hiring model.
- Organized a behavior change communication campaign to bring the behavioral changes in the age old practice of farmers.
- Approx 500 acres of land was made crop stubble burning free by the efforts of project