Market Feasibility Study for Potential SHG Clusters identified under UFRMP
Project Name: Uttarakhand Forest Resource Management Project funded by JICA
Project Location: Uttarakhand
- Identification & mapping of cluster level activities (NTFPs & Non NTFPs) across 13 divisions of Uttarakhand Forest Division.
- Value chain development of selected products
- Identify the capacity building needs of cluster/communities.
- Identify the Institutional mechanism to manage the cluster.
- Multi stakeholder discussions at 13 forest division.
- 100 FGDs with farmers and members of Van Panchayat & SHG group
- Interviews with traders & processors.
- Primary and secondary data analysis to identify existing institutions.
- Multi Stakeholder Consultation- Presentation of report
- Identified 16 products for Value Chain Study.
- Conducted detailed value chain study for 16 products (Farm, Offfarm and Non Farm)
- Recommended strategy for cluster development and implementation of livelihood activities