Baseline Study on ‘Promoting Sustainable Consumption and Production Systems for Safe and Organic Foods in India’
Project Name: Baseline Study on ‘Promoting Sustainable Consumption and Production Systems for Safe and Organic Foods in India’
Project Location: Delhi NCR, Jaipur, Udaipur and Indore
- Assess awareness, knowledge, attitude and behavior of consumers towards organic and safe food
- Evaluate the Consumers access to information on organic foods, brands and retail points, and their buying and consumption behavior.
- Study the market reach of organic food products and brands and get insights into the retailer‟s motivation and interest to promote organic food products.
- Study the FPOs involved in producing organic food for their capacity to process, package and undergo certification process
- Study the regulatory ecosystem for organic food products to understand the enabling factors and barriers to growth of the sector.
- Designed the research study.
- Developed the research tools for quantitative and qualitative study.
- FGDs and IDIs conducted with organic retailers, brands, producers, certification agencies and regulators to understand the issues, challenges, and opportunities.
- Surveyed 400 consumers across the 4 towns using a CAPI based questionnaire.
- Submission of draft and final report having insights, strategy and recommendations.