Baseline study for Climate Resilience through Indigenous Seeds Systems Project
Project Name: Baseline study for Climate Resilience through Indigenous Seeds Systems Project (CRISP)
Project Location: Karnataka Odisha Tamilnadu West Bengal
- Conduct studies to inform the design of CRISP on Three thematic areas
- Livelihood and Climate change analysis
- Market access and Income generation opportunities analysis
- Social, Gender and Institution analysis
- To suggest strategies and possible interventions to achieve the project outcomes
- Understand, review and recommend refinements / additions to the project outcome indicators to inform the baseline and end line
- Conduct the baseline study to measure the baseline values of project indicators.
Conducted qualitative studies in 4 project states using the different PRA techniques. FGDs and IDIs were conducted with relevant stakeholder to understand
- Vulnerabilities due to climatic & social shocks and creating sustainable livelihoods around indigenous seed system
- Existing practices, gaps and scope around the cultivation and marketing of indigenous seeds.
- Used the accessed and control tools to understand the access and control of female over the resources in society
- Dietary diversity tools were used to measure the dietary diversity of households in project geographies
- Measured the maturity of community based institutions using the CBO maturity index tools.
- Designed the research instruments and facilitated project partners in collecting the data for baseline study