Ecociate is a specialized agency on agribusiness and livelihoods promotion. We want to empower the disadvantaged communities by making them a key stakeholders in value chains. We work with private sector to co-create agribusiness and livelihood strategies. Our team which carries substantial experience of working in most of the leading bilateral projects, with range of development players, many private sector players offers comprehensive solutions from research, consulting services and training.
We bring in the following expertise to our clients
- Value chain analysis and livelihood assessment – Based on our prolong experience in the sector we offer practical insights and information that would ensure creating an appropriate strategy. We bring in pro-poor strategies for value chain development as we carry deep understanding on rural communities, the market structure and the local ecosystem
- Strengthening Farmer Producer Organizations – Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs) has emerged as one of the most sought-after pathways to address many challenges of agriculture and allied sectors faced by the small holders. However majority of FPOs face a challenges in their path to sustain themselves as a viable institution. Ecociate supports FPOs and FPO promoting organisations by offering services towards Identifying business issues and gaps, developing strategy for FPO, facilitate implementation of the suggested strategies and creating efficient business operations through IT led solutions. Read More
- Engagement with private sector – Our team has been working with leading corporate, startups and MSMEs and have the critical capacity to design the most appropriate strategy to make them develop sustainable partnerships with communities to create viable business models
- Climate adaptive value chain – With strong understanding on sustainability the team has the requisite expertise to help clients in designing climate adaptive value chain strategies. Our core strength of business and market help the climate led strategies to remain viable.
- Assessment and evaluations – The experienced team has the capability to conduct studies related assessment and evaluation of the projects. We not only bring in adequate knowledge in designing the right approach for such studies but also offer in-depth analysis of the situation for clients to design future course of action.
Some of our recent assignments are highlighted below
- Conducted a qualitative assessment of Community College initiative by Wealthungerhilfe in Jharkhand and West Bengal
- Supporting TAAL, a leading NGO to strength the business component of its fishery sector project supported by UN Adaptation Fund to ensure promotion of climate adaptive value chains.
- Develop a business plan for Agribusiness Centre strategy by WHH
- Conducted a qualitative assessment of Forward Market initiative of Katalyst in Bangladesh
- Supported Ambuja Cement Foundation to develop a livelihood promotion strategy in Darlaghat in Himachal Pradesh.